View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:27 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Distance Casting

I competed in both of the Rocky Mountain Masters events, I did well until the finals of fishing when Frank managed to catch a fourth fish with 5 minutes left in the round. I caught over 30 fish that were over 20 inches but my partner while walking was dragging his fly and caught a 12" first fish so we knew we needed 25" plus. I could only get 23".

We defeated Chris Korich and his partner in the fishing who are famous Golden Gate casters. They Dominated the casting but when we hit the water we won that flight. We were the 8th seed (last place) fishing against the first seed team and we did really well and sent them back to CA.

Chis is an awesome caster (as were all the guys from the GGCC) and he was more than willing to help out and give quality advice. Clearly they did not want to compete against the Raejeffs.

It was a fairly good venue but it came down to money so they cancelled it.

John Barrett of Barret Productions and maker of FFtW set it up, sad it ended, it was a blast.

One competitor that could not make it to the finals at either event was none other than my dentist..and the Captain of the US fly fishing team, Anthony Naranja.

The one thing I like about these competitions is the great knowledge and info you can get from your fellow flailers.

Has anyone seen this new one? ALL CAST TEAM FLY CASTING CHAMPIONSHIPS | All Cast Fly Casting Championships

I may try and hit this, but no fishing.