View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Distance Casting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
It was a fairly good venue but it came down to money so they cancelled it.

John Barrett of Barret Productions and maker of FFtW set it up, sad it ended, it was a blast.
I always figured Barrett got star struck when he realized he could fish all over the world with stars in one field or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
Has anyone seen this new one? ALL CAST TEAM FLY CASTING CHAMPIONSHIPS | All Cast Fly Casting Championships

I may try and hit this, but no fishing.
The fishing was the major reason I lost interest in competitions. The casting qualifier was all 100% skill and talent. Luck played very little in how you did. The fishing... not so much. Besides, I fly fish to have fun and forget the competitive world for a while. To compete in fly fishing just goes against the grain of why I do it. I'm glad to see pure casting as a contest.
I would like to see a resurgence of casting clubs in cities throughout the United States like they had in the 1940's and '50's. We'll have a tough time of it now though with competition from pro sports where all you need do as a 'participant' is sit in front of the tube and change channels.