Thread: Koolaid dying
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Koolaid dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerducer View Post
I suppose it works with just about all material?
It works on everything I have tried so far. The bucktail I have tried so far takes the dye a lot more slowly than feathers do. You need to run it through a second time if you do it along with feathers. I noticed in Eunan's Acid Dye thread that the bucktail he did with a bunch of feathers was about half or a third as dark so it must be the hair and not the dyes. Acid dyes work pretty well also and you might want to take a quick run through his thread as well. The only real advantage as I see it though to either method is that this is as close to free as dying gets and you can get it within blocks of most of us. That and Kool Aid doesn't come in colors like olive so you need to mix them. That's not hard to do though.