View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:47 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2012

The most memorable, hummmmm there are three that really stand out all from the same creek, Falling Springs. It took a while to get a good line on those fish being that I would only have a few hours on a Saturday night and a couple more on Sunday over the course of two months but to finally hook up with a nice 16" bow (supposedly wild, left over from the red band strain) and a wily little 12" wild brown up towards the head waters. The most memorable fish has become my nemesis or my own personal George. I never hooked him but I've spotted him quite a few times in the same stretch and it is just a monster. The first time I saw him I fell apart, shaking like I had deer fever, sweating like I was in an interrogation room, I made a few casts without spooking him but he wanted nothing to do with what I was offering. The next few times I wouldn't even bother to cast, I'd find a good place to sit and watch him, every now and then you'd see that big ole trap open up and take something. I sat one day and smoked damn near a half a pack of smokes just amazed by this brute of a fish. I would get depressed if I drove past the car park and saw another car thinking maybe that guy got him or maybe he ran the fish off. I will connect with him eventually, a good buddy of mine said he's waiting for me to fish to him with my own hand made split cane rod for a photo op! My only issue is after a fish like that comes to hand, what's next? How to you ever top it?

Last edited by wt bash; 12-28-2012 at 01:06 PM.