View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing around Cheyenne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyb View Post
I have really wanted to catch some big bows in the north Platte. I would second this location, my friends have pulled a lot of big fish out of it. Best floated I believe in the spring, though I could be wrong.
I agree that the North Platte would be the best option; however, the Grey Reef section is 212 miles from Cheyenne (going up I-25) and like you mentioned is best floated. By heading over to Laramie and then taking hwy 130 over the Snowies, the upper North Platte is only 132 miles to Riverside. There are a number of public access points along hwy 130 and with a little hiking you can get into some really nice fishing.

Larry