View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 02:26 PM

shortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura aboutshortyb has a spectacular aura about

I have two as well. Both of them happen in the spring.

First would be my first trip to the 'horn'. Friends came up from CO and we spent 5 days floating lots of fish. First day I had been the only one to catch any fish. We decided to wade the takeout@ 3mile. After many cast in the back of this pool, I wade deeper and father up. I make a nice cast and my indicator just sits there so I set the hook. I get it on the reel and next thing I know the reel just started clicking. I look around can't see my friends I holler back "I think I need a bigger net" (as I just had my little 14"creek net). My buddy pops out from behind the raft with a net. I played the fish for a while, as I told him to be ready but not to scoop until it ran from him first. Sure enough it ran from him then played it right back and my buddy does a perfect net. It was our first time fishing together and just perfect team work really set the tone for the rest of the trip.

#22 Ray Charles
Click the image to open in full size.

Second would be on my local creek, had been nymphing all morning until I came up on a pool with quite a few rises. I sat down to watch more as I rerigged. Tossed out my bug 3 or 4 times, no luck. Then practicing my reach cast got it right in the zone watched this brown hammer the surface right next to my fly, though I did not strike. Then saw the brown 180 and just hammer my fly. It was just so neat to watch, and to find out it was just one two pound brown having a feast in a small pool.

#14 sparkling cripple dun variation
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by shortyb; 12-28-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added pictures and correcting phone typos.