I went all out over the summer so I caught a lot of memorable fish. First of a species are always memorable.
1. Golden Trout, Bighorns. A couple in particular were especially vibrant.
2. First steelhead, Clackamas river. Actually, I was close to another before hand. Didnt think to beach the fish, and lost him cause I had no way to land him. Didn't know about tailing fish either. Slick 7 or 8 lber swam out of my hand a few times. The one I did land was much smaller. Funny it doesn't much matter.
3. 1st Guadelupe bass, which is the fish that got me to the bass grand slam.
4. A monster smallie at the south umpqua.
5. Very early in the year I caught a couple 5 lb or so coosa spotted bass. Kinda got me off to a fast start.
6. First landlocked atlantic salmon, hosmer lake, or.
But there were plenty of others. This was not a nondescript year, so now I gotta figure out how to top it.