View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A buggy looking fly with craft store materials

I believe it's possible your camera is not well suited for such close up's. The picture of your materials looks fine.

I had that trouble with a camera years ago, as it did not take good close up pictures of things as small as flies. I have a camera now that takes better close up's, and it's taken me some time to learn how to use it.

I've found that I take better pics of flies when they're laying on a flat surface & I take the picture from above, and with the macro setting & flash on. I also use an editor to change the sizing if needed.

Here's one I took awhile back of some size 6 flies I tied. The back ground is a sheet of green foam, which works well I think.

Click the image to open in full size.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!