View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: A buggy looking fly with craft store materials

I believe it's possible your camera is not well suited for such close up's. The picture of your materials looks fine.

I had that trouble with a camera years ago, as it did not take good close up pictures of things as small as flies. I have a camera now that takes better close up's, and it's taken me some time to learn how to use it.

I've found that I take better pics of flies when they're laying on a flat surface & I take the picture from above, and with the macro setting & flash on. I also use an editor to change the sizing if needed.

Here's one I took awhile back of some size 6 flies I tied. The back ground is a sheet of green foam, which works well I think.

Click the image to open in full size.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!