View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I'm going to the one guy so far the bucks the trend here but fishing over the Maxima Cum Laude fish of the Pa Limestoners if your furled leader absorbs any water and throws spray anywhere near a fish you target say good bye. If you apply payette paste regularly it shouldn't be an issue but for me if the professor fish are looking up I get too excited to think about pastes and floatants so I switched back to long mono. All my other fishing, dries wets and nymphs, is done with Joni's leaders and I've fished Cutthroat's too. Where I think they shine is swinging wets and soft hackles, they're very sensitive and you can feel the subtle tick that sometimes happens while swinging the small stuff and gives you enough warning to make a mend and drop the fly back a little for a second take. That and getting deep without a clunky sink tip, soak it in Sinket and it drops like a stone without all the added weight and casting issues.
Good point WT about the payette. When I get a new furled leader I thoroughly coat it with Loon Payette. Then occasionally again when I notice the leaders riding low on the water.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...