View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Left-Handed casting

So far I rarely have to cast with my off hand but I do practice doing so quite a bit 'just in case'!
I'm not sure if there's a formal way to learn to cast off-handed but what I've been doing is getting a good false cast going normally and then transfer the rod, still false casting it, to the off hand all the while keeping the rythm going.
Once I have that down it's play time and time to practice starting and presenting the cast and everything in between all with your off hand.
Casting off-handed comes in handy in situations where you have to hug the bank on your normal casting side and in windy conditions to always be able to cast to keep the fly on your downwind side.