View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 PM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2012

no pics and no great fish fight story...but. While In MaineI found out that I missed the season by 3 weeks. Online info was not very clear. But I went to the fishing dept at the LL Bean store when my wife went up to the guy behind the counter to find a spot-he said that "most" of the streams close on the last of Sept. But there was a stretch about 2 hours north of Bar Harbor that was C/R but great for Land Locked Atlantics. Well, It was close to 4 hours but we made it there. My wife I love her-she sat in the car reading a book while I fished for 3 hours. I caught a few smalls but the Atlantics and the Brookies stayed away. I ran into an older fella that gave me some advise and gave me a fly-he said "use this." Its my own pattern.
I went back to a spot where I saw some of the Atlantics sitting on gravel. 2 casts later I was fighting a nice one. Not too far out so it was no great long fight. But it was a 24" Atlantic. After that I caught 2 more and called it a day.
Thanks Al-the guy I talked to
And thanks to my wife who kept telling me that she was fine and for me to go fishing. Love ya baby.