View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Memorable Fish of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
My most memorable fish was one that got away this fall.
I know the feeling. A couple of years ago mine was a fish I lost also. It was the biggest Pike I have ever had on. I have had some really big ones. It hit and then ran me into backing with me chasing it down the bank like a track star. I got it stopped and turned around. It was heading back up river and I saw it after getting most of my line back on the reel. As soon as I saw it, it went out and down. It was not 30 seconds later my line did a 'Twang!' like a guitar string. I still had something there but it wasn't fighting and it wasn't big. Then the sickening realization of what happened when I see half of my leader come up with a hunk or rotton wood lodged on a blood knot of the half of the leader my Pike wasn't swimming away with. It was easily in the upper 40's and absolutely topped 30lbs. It would have been the biggest one I ever caught. At least I got to see it. I have had really big fish get away and never saw them. I hate that even worse.