View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: To stop bugs from eating your bugs ?

chances are you might be putting stuff away wet or with some slime from fish on them(attracts bugs)...I had some problems w/ some of the tying stuff from India a while back too...and I also use a lot of stuff from my own hunting harvests...duck wings(whole) were a contact point for me a while back

some bug spray wont do a bit of harm...ginks and dry fly powder arent actually great smelling either...gallery bugs or similar can be easily killed w/ some raid or yard guard...you just dont want to contaminate you tying materials w/ some new critter...I always wash down new ties anyway...usually to see what they look like wet...but this could also clean up any residue from bug spray...if the smell deal worries you just air it out real good after letting it sit in a big trash bag for a while...just make sure its super dry before it goes back to storage...

this is something everyone deals with sooner or later...especially if you store a lot of materials...I store all my materials once I know they are good in a big plastic moving tub...also all stuff is kept seperate in its own zip lock..

... keep it secure from new air etc......good luck...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/