View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: To stop bugs from eating your bugs ?

Years ago I had an infestation of carpet beetles. I put everything in the freezer for six weeks, possibly an over reaction but I think not. I sorted through the stuff and saved what I could. After that I bought Tupperware style boxes and zip lock bags. Bought proper mothballs as well and got a bunch of empty film containers, not so easy to get these days but if you go to the dollar store you can get small bead storage containers with snap-on lids. I drilled holes in all of my film containers and put 2 mothballs in each and put between 1 and 3 in each plastic box depending on the size.
I have never had a problem with bugs since. All of my natural materials spend several weeks in the freezer no matter where I get it.
Carpet beetles are not attracted to "filth" or "dirt" they eat glue, starch anything with carbs. They are a small beetle about 3/8 of an inch long, black with rust coloured spots or splotches, the larvae are furry kind of maggoty looking critters with legs as well.
Good luck, keep things sealed and protected.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.