View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 AM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough
Default more homegrown w/ flash

having gone through a three year phase of so much flash...on everything... I started as I said a few posts earlier I got into some more basic stuff...

but that said...I know the value of flash when it comes to catching fish...but I am at lower level of opinion now more than ever as to the times...used to be a great added thing on those really bright and sunny days...fishing darker ties on the overcast or bad weather...but then recently I tried some on(flashed versions) on those dreary days too...??

now its never a given...I made a few of the other big ties w/ some flash too...blue /purple and yellow /green...I usually fish w/o first...then always try with if no aggressive hits come...

these ties look more like something I used to buy with the strands on it...there is something about deer or elk hair with that blue / purple stuff!...after looking at the pics I should have combed them out a bit...I got them wet to see how they looked and they dried a bit rough...next time...

here are a few different ones...with flash...the guinea hen ones are real producers...

Click the image to open in full size.

the guinea hen one w/flash...

and a few others...

the angle really changes the color a lot...

btw...happy new year to those here...being the non party person...I got up early looking for something to do...might even go fishing later...no competition today...especially from my younger angling friends...LOL...

cariboo...I really like the hair wing's...I guess there are a lot of folks that use them...I still buy(or bought) chernomids...I still have dozens and dozens left over from years past...besides...size 18 and smaller arent my strong point...I wish I could tie the small ones ...just streamers , nymphs and drys 18 and larger...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 01-01-2013 at 04:04 PM.