View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colorado XT Pontoon

Richard: I have an NFO Rampage and use it in both lakes and rivers, I bought the motor mount accessory and have run it with both an electric motor or a 4 hp gas motor without having the kind of issues you describe with the backend submerging, it operates great with either option. Most of the time while fishing I just use the fins to move from spot to spot or to counter the wind, but use the motor to move long distances when I don't feel like rowing. The Rampage is out of the $1k price range but I really like the extra room it provides giving me the option to use dry bags and pack camping gear for an extended trip. Best of all is the light weight making it a breeze to get in and out of a vehicle (40 lbs) and the fact that I can haul it inflated in the back of the pickup or deflate the toon and pack it easily in the back of the Subaru Outback. When the girlfriend wants the truck to haul her horses, I still have an option of going fishing with the Rampage in the back of the Outback. For being a frameless model, it is flat amazing how well it rows and tracks across the water and how fast it will move under oar power.

Larry