View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1st time fly fishing salt need some help guys.

Quote:
Not to confuse things, but I used to use a DT10F line in the surf. There's an advantage to the long distance mending that a line like that can handle. I don't have one now but if I did, I'd use it.
Rip, I thought this might come up when I posted. My thought is that since he's just started, casting the larger flies will be his primary issue and he'll likely get the best use from a WF. I don't think his concerns will be that much on mending line at any great distance where he'll be fishing.

You're point is certainly a valid one, and something that might have some use once he gets some experience.

I've also cut back sections on WF lines to get more weight up front. However, if he starts with a line designated for throwing larger flies to begin with, he'll likely not have to get into that until later on.

Ebay & Closeout Sales can be your friend!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!