Thread: 2013 Goals...
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Goals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I like these sort of posts
Believe it or not my goal, as it has been for the last few years, is to catch the state record pumpkinseed.
18 ounces at this point
It was a Pumpkinseed that got me startedon breaking records. I was fishing with a friend named Dale in a little lake about 2 1/2 hours South of here. I hooked a Pumpkinseed that dwarfed every other one of them I had ever seen. We weighed and measured it and then let it go, THEN I got curious as to what the record was. Mine would have shattered the State and all tackle world record. I try not to make that mistake anymore.

Mine is to get the rest of the tippet records for Walleye. It's not going to be as hard as it sounds. There are 2 that are going to be hard to do and only two that are really hard to do, but not a single record that is unbustable. And bustable right here. I didn't even start trying to bust them till 2008 and already broke 8 of them. Only 7 still stand and that is another knot headed story. I looked at the book wrong and broke one of my own records.