View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airflo Ridge Lines

I got turned onto Airflo Ridge Lines last year and have been extremely happy with them. I too have lines from Rio and SA and found the Airflo lines to be on par with them. I don't find them to float quite as good as SA Textured line (nothing I have tried does) but they do just fine. The key with any line is getting a taper that is suitable for your rod and the flies you're going to throw with it.

Couple of questions: What model line did you get? There are several Ridge Line offerings. What rod(s) are you intending on matching them up with?

As for when/how often to clean them, it's pretty simple really. When the line doesn't shoot out the way I know it's supposed to, I wipe them down.

siski, this is pretty much the process I follow with good results.

Cleaning Fly Lines - Fishing Tips | RIO