View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Airflo Ridge Lines

Airflo lines differ from our three prominent US line makers in that, rather than PVC coating over stretchable braided nylon, they are some sort of polymer over a limited stretch core material. As SA has done with textured line surfaces to reduce frictional contact with the guides, Airflo has longitudinal ridges running the length of the line for the same reason...though no hiss is generated. With the possible exxception of Airflo Rangfinder which has a very (perhaps too) long front taper, they don't have a correspondingly sophisticated presentation taper as the Sharkskin or Textured Trout or RIO Gold. Never the less they are great casting lines when matched to a rod that likes them as is the case with virtually all fly lines. My Scott S4s#8 loves Tropical Ridge...my #8 NRX does not. I use Ridge Supple Impact on my 6-weight and it casts great and has held up to drift boat abuse admirably.