View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favorite species of fish to catch on a fly rod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
If bluefish grew any bigger, they'd own the sea.
They kill for fun, puke it up and then kill some more.
They have no fear of you and if you come too close to them they'll take a chunk out of ya.
When you land one, their devil eyes are always on you and you just know that given a chance, they'd rip your arm off.
There's no more worthy adversary.
I witnessed an attack. I went with some guys from my Submarine School class to the beach. One of them was out in belly button deep water and yelled "Hey you guys! Come look at this. There's all these big fish and they are not even afraid of me." 10 seconds later he's running for his life screaming bloody murder. One of them took a nasty chunk out of his foot. Yah, they weren't afraid of him. I caught one there a few days later that was into the teens. Biggest one I ever caught. I have never had a fish track me like they do when you are unhooking them. If you give them a chance you will never point with that hand again.

I heard once that a pretty major percentage of so called shark attacks on the East Coast are in reallity Bluefish. I laugh in that one Jaws Movie when the Sherriff starts yelling to clear the beach, Shark! Then goes, "Oh it's OK, only Bluefish." I laugh everytime I see that and tell whoever I'm with the "Hey! They're not even afraid of me." story.

I used to watch them attack baitballs of Menhaden while I was on the docks at the Sub Base. You have never witnessed carnage like that till you see what they do to them.