View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 AM

jspriddy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: acceptable distance for 9' 5 wt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Can you shoot some video of you casting? If you can, upload it to vimeo or something and send me a link so I can see what you need help with. Without video we are just guessing and you may be making a bad habit really hard to break.
When it warms up some, I'll do that. Since I started this thread, I've had some problems with a pinched nerve in my neck, and haven't been able to practice. I think by the time warm weather gets here, I'll be OK. It may take me a few days to get back to where I was.

Thanks,

John

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
That's about all you can hope for. After a while it may seem like you hit a wall and aren't improving or seem stuck at a certain distance. Don't give up, just keep working at it. You'll eventually pass that hurdle. Enjoy it while you can though for there's sure to be another hurdle up ahead.
It's a fun trip challenging yourself to cast better. Enjoy.
I'll stay after it. I appreciate you encouragement.

John

Patrick O’Brian