View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a way to train your self with fly casting?

I think the suggestion of a MPR is a great idea. The Micro Practice Rod is just a version of the original Wulff Fly-O.

I could not afford the Fly-O. so I made my own version by using the same yarn. The yarn is known as "Gift Tying Yarn" and it used to be popular in the 1980's but and can still be purchased on-line with a Google search.

Click the image to open in full size.

Pak it Products Gift Tie Yarn

The MPR uses Macrame Cord tied to Gift Tying Yarn. A 20 foot section of macrame cord alone can be used as the "fly line". Macrame cord is sold also as "craft cord". The most popular brand is Bonnie Craft Cord.

Or you can contact Echo rods and buy the preassembled MPR line.

Instead of the MPR rod, you can use the top half of a fly rod or even the top half of a spinning rod as a substitute for a MRP. I used the top half of a spinning rod to practice indoor fly casting.

The MPR is a great way to teach children to cast.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Last edited by silver creek; 01-06-2013 at 05:02 PM.