View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: South Platte River Deckers Report

I always look at the report etc from this area...I lived a few miles upstream..now I am absent...and it sounds like nothing has changed...

I do remember catching it a few times when everyone thought it was packed...and it wasnt...those early july caddis hatches were insane...

I pretty much hiked in the gill trail...and just left deckers alone...too many cool spots in the canyon...and I always enjoyed the hike...I liked thinking up names for my fav spots...echo rock...dinosaur eggs...just for my own amuzement....some of you will know exactly where I am talking about...say hello for me...

a good remedy for many of the so called intruders is this...say hi to them...and give them a fly you tied...all of us...even guys that grew up drinking horse creek water are relatively new...10,000 years is just a blink of the eye to that area...those folks just want to have some of what many of us know about too...it is something of great value...

may the new year bring you all great things...t

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/