View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hada's Creek Crawler

Bruce: I didn't turn up much more than you did, I found the video and the forum that listed out the recipe but not sure how accurate that actually is.
I did find Duane Hada's web site, your best bet might be to just give him a call 870-435-arts or if you live near Cotter, Arkansas just stop by his shop and ask. I'm thinking that if he was generous enough to do the fly tying video he wouldn't mind clarifying the materials list for you. I also agree with you that an olive pattern would work well in CO.
White River Trout Fishing, Smallmouth Bass Fishing in Crooked Creek and Buffalo River, Duane Hada's Flyfishing Guide Service and Instruction, Cotter, Arkansas

I snagged this guy over on Delaney Buttes one summer, if you look closely you can see my midge pattern stuck on the right side. I was fishing a double midge rig under an indicator when I get this extremely hard strike, the fish immediately dives for the weeds on the bottom, breaks me off the bottom fly in the weeds and when I pull up whats left this guy is impaled on my top fly.
Click the image to open in full size.

Larry

Last edited by mcnerney; 01-07-2013 at 08:54 AM.