View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:41 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: This seems to be the trend so I'm gonna join...

For your purposes, "butter smooth" is nice but not necessary. You will be using tippets in the 15-20 pound class, and a bit of start-up inertai is not that critical. A drag that can take some abuse IS important, especially on the 10wt., where you may be tempted to address small tarpon, jacks, or other bigger gulf species in Louisiana. The Galvan and Nautilus's are certainly up to the task, given the right model, I have no experience with the Kracken. If you are willing to lay out the dough, I would throw Islander and Hatch into the mix. Very good deals can be had on auction sites.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Oh, and the BVk is an extremely light weight rod. You will want a reel on the feathery side to balance it.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.