View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hada's Creek Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerducer View Post
Thanks Mcnerny:

That picture you showed of the Crayfish was exactly the coloration I had in mind, I have it so clearly imprinted in my memory.

It is a Dark Green, and sometimes I think it has highlights of a lighter green sometimes. Dunno about that. Would you do it all natural color?

I suppose I will give Mr. Hada a Call. I've been thinking about a float or drift down the White River in Arkansas for the past year. This might be just the excuse I need.
Bruce: I guess it depends on the time of year, I have heard that they molt into a rusty color at certain times, but not positive. I do like the idea of using a dark olive color with some lighter highlights.....be sure to post up your fly when you finally get around to tying some up.....it will be cool to see how it comes out.

I envy you about a float on the White River and might be a great way to meet Mr. Hada first hand. A White River fishing trip is on my to-do list for sure, but I've only been in Pinedale for a year and there is a lot of water around here that needs exploring.

Larry

Larry