View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Well an almost new green stick showed up in the mail today inside a nice green tube- so I'm now a first time Winston owner! I casted and fished an 8' 3wt BIIt and loved it so much I had to have one. And I once swore I'd never spend anything over $200 on a fly rod. So much for that.

I love Winston. Their have an unrivaled fealing and the reel seats are gorgeous. I honestly prefer the box elder burl to any reel seat they have had before. The nickle silver seat is so shiny you can see my reflection in it. Epoxy and wraps are gorgeous. The cork is top-notch. What else is there to say?

Sorry for all the pictures but this rod does not have a bad side .

Waiting until I have the funds but I think I'm going to put an Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock II reel on her with some new Rio LT DT line and call it good. Won't need it until spring anyways, which can not come fast enough!

Click the image to open in full size.