View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davidson and blue lines in WNC.

Derek: Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully, someone in your area will help out with information on the Davidson. Doing a Google search I found DRO Outfitters located at 95 Pisgah Hwy, Pisgah Forrest, NC.
Home
I noticed that they offer a newsletter, you might get on their site and sign up, also if they are close by I would recommend stopping in and letting them know you are a new fly fisherman and looking for information on the Davidson, public access points and what flies they recommend, and buy a few flies from them for their help.

I also found info by the Hunter Banks Company, 29 Montford Ave.,Asheville, NC 28801. They offer a page of basic info on the Davidson, you might look that over if you haven't already.
Fly Fishing the Davidson River - Hunter Banks Co

Here is the Orvis river report with some really basic information on the Davidson fishing:
Davidson River | North Carolina Fly Fishing Reports & Conditions

Here is another outfit that guides on the Davidson:
Asheville, NC fly fishing guides Davidson River fishing report, includes stream conditions

Here is an article by flyfishmagazine.com on the Davidson River:
Davidson River

Here is another article on the Davidson by Trout U:
Davidson River North Carolina | Trout University

Here is another outfit that guides on the Davidson. Note that they offer a hatch chart that might be of some value:
Guided Fly-fishing, fly fishing guides, fly fishing Davidson river, school of trout, fly-fishing school

Larry