View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Warmwater flies.

Quote:
But I guess I forgot the biggest difference between trout and bass/panfish is that trout are much more picky about looks.
I've caught trout on such flies as well. Have caught carp on them too, and they can be even more picky than trout.

Any fish species can get picky at times, but IMO that's often in places where they get pounded heavily by anglers. I've seen it happen with LM bass on some of the tidal rivers I fish. Those rivers get a lot of club tournaments on them, and the bass get skittish. They become real picky about what they'll strike & when.

Panfish are not usually picky at all, however, I've even experienced it some with them, particularly the larger fish.

Often means you have to do something completely different than what you might normally, or what everyone else may be doing. IMO, how a fly moves is usually more important than how it looks.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!