Thread: up lining???
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: up lining???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberguy View Post
Dan, measurements are: cork @ 50" from floor, mid @ 49-3/4", tip @ 46"
to acheive a 36" drop @ tip it took 53 pennies. as far as where it flexes:
18" up form butt cap there was 1/4" drop, mid (4'6"up) was 6-3/8"drop,
the tip measured 36"drop. I'm not sure how to decifer that chart. Am i looking @ close to a 6wt? Bill
53 pennies would be about a 6.25 wt. rod. It sounds from your flex measurements that it's a fairly fast rod. They are calling this a 4 wt. rod? I think that what we have here is a case of the rod maker wanting to make a rod that casts really far for a 4 wt. You can cast really far with that rod and a 4 weight line but you need to be a pretty good caster and carry a lot of line in the air. You are underlined right now by more than two weights (provided all your measurements were good). Do you know anyone that has, or do you have a 6 weight line? If so, put it on there and tell me what that does.

Also, how long is the head on that line? If you have a short head 4 on there you will be fighting it harder than uh, something that fights really hard. If you had a DT4 on there it might not be as hard as a really short head line.

Last edited by Guest1; 01-10-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: I put wrong word in