View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: took the 2 hander to the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabi View Post

BTW - The Rio 8/9 Switch line was working fairly well for a spey cast after I got the timing & hard stop on the forward stroke figured out. I was able to get casts out to 70' or so after a bit of practice. What I found works best is to really close up my grip on the rod (top hand close to the reel) and come to a very abrupt stop at the 11:00 o'clock position.
Hopefully I'll get back out after the next round of rain is over. Need more practice (and bigger fish).
Right on with the hardish stop at 11AM. That's one thing I have to drill into folks when giving a casting lesson. "Gravity Works" even on fly lines. The high stop is allow 'time' for the line to lay out before Mom Nature takes over.

fae