Originally Posted by okuma
Lead is a highly poisonous metal (regardless if inhaled or swallowed), affecting almost every organ and system in the body. The main target for lead toxicity is the nervous system, both in adults and children. Long-term exposure of adults can result in decreased performance in some tests that measure functions of the nervous system
Metallic founds I found of interest
Understatement for the day.
Can't remember the date, but any home built before xyz was a strong candidate for the use of a lead based paint. Before you could make a home loan (FHA/VA for sure) was a 'paint inspection.' Found lead based ... it ALL HAD TO GO. Expensive procedure to say the least.
Lead removal was the driving force behind the Petrol we fill our tanks today.