View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My real rod weights

I could be way off here but I have a theory...

I wonder if manufacturers assign rod numbers based off of a blank or completed rod.

To go further, I seem to recall talking to a rod build buddy of mine about a rod he was building for me, and we were talking about what different guide configurations may do to it in terms of action and casting. An example might be single foot guides vs snake guides.

If I understood him correctly, this may possibly take a blank that measures out as a 4wt blank but when it is completely built, it comes out to a 5wt.

Furthermore, I believe that ever rod has "spine" to it and I wonder if mass produced rods always are built perfectly on that spine or can they be off a little bit. If they are off, would that rod an ERN that is identical to a rod that was built on the same blank but directly on the spine?

Just some thoughts....