View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My real rod weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by caberguy View Post
I just ordered a Redington CPX 9'6" 8wt, haven't received it yet... if what I've read is accurate it should like a slightly heavier line. I do have some WF8F coming for that. I was thinking of picking up some 7wt at least for the Powell, which I've always had a bit of trouble casting comfortably, because as it turns out it's always been pretty seriously underlined. Putting 7wt line on the Powell does make it awfully chunky for an all-arounder. I've always had a much easier time casting the Loomis, which I attributed to it having a slower action and generally being a higher quality rod.
I sent an email to Redington asking why my CPX 3 wt was so far off.

I asked: "Are CPX rods generally like this? That is, do they generally act heavier than the marked weights? Or is this particular rod an anomaly?"

This is their reply:

"They are true fast action rods and typically like a size heavier line. Depending on your preference and casting style, they can be right on or you may need to go up a full size."