View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 PM

plecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud of
Default Re: My real rod weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by caberguy View Post
I just ordered a Redington CPX 9'6" 8wt, haven't received it yet... if what I've read is accurate it should like a slightly heavier line. I do have some WF8F coming for that. I was thinking of picking up some 7wt at least for the Powell, which I've always had a bit of trouble casting comfortably, because as it turns out it's always been pretty seriously underlined. Putting 7wt line on the Powell does make it awfully chunky for an all-arounder. I've always had a much easier time casting the Loomis, which I attributed to it having a slower action and generally being a higher quality rod.
I sent an email to Redington asking why my CPX 3 wt was so far off.

I asked: "Are CPX rods generally like this? That is, do they generally act heavier than the marked weights? Or is this particular rod an anomaly?"

This is their reply:

"They are true fast action rods and typically like a size heavier line. Depending on your preference and casting style, they can be right on or you may need to go up a full size."