View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter Time.. And The Livin' Is Easy

It's amazing how just a short distance South makes such a difference in weather. I went out today on Baudette Bay and practiced long distance casting while I let my Dog run around and play. That and roll in every stinky thing she could find. In the almost center of the river was a full sized Chevy Siverado and a pretty decent sized Ice House. Closer to the mouth of the Baudette River, where it goes into the Rainy River, was a a couple of guys in a full sized Ford truck Pike fishing with tip ups. We had a good foot of ice on the river at least two weeks ago. It will be mid April before that part of the river is open the way this winter is going. Early April if it goes as usual. The Lake will still be frozen solid either way.