View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Orvis Frequent Flyer

dougm, I agree totally on the Frequent flier. Had a chance to take one home for the weekend when they first came out. And the size is a double bonus, can fit in your back pocket.
I liked the mid flex 5 also. Easy on the tippet.
Now, speaking of the Zero, well all I can say is, we have one at the Lodge and sorry to say, everyone has tried it, but we all go back to the T3.
I think it would be a nicer rod if the whole thing had Boron, instead of just the butt section.
I think that is why the Winston is so nice.
Back to the FF. Can't go wrong. I do think though (if I had to pay full price ) I might have second thoughts. The warranty on rods is real important to me although I have only used one once out of numerous rods.
The tip broke. The FF warranty is MANUFACTURE defect. Most people break them themself (doors, knicks, dogs, step on.....)
I know you are going to love it!