View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Abel Reels Under New Ownership

I agree wholeheartedly that "I would like to see more innovators and creators rather than money changers and investment types in this country". It is our traditional strength and from where our old-fashioned passion for quality comes from. The Abel's had to sell the company for health reasons and the purchaser, another investment group, changed nothing but undoubtedly made money on the sale to this newest "Mayfly" group. The gentleman the runs the company and continues the refinement and design innovation in the products themselves is the same guy who was doing this with Steve Abel when he owned the company. This is my cause for optimism. If we start feeling some flex in these reels or they feature little peel-off oval stickers indicating off-shore origin...I will eat my words and say really bad things about financial imperatives. But for now I feel good about the future one of our few Halo reels.