View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8WT Rod Suggestion

The St. Aidan will make a fine switch reel! I have a St. John on mine but have always admired the St. Aidans. If you want the versatility of casting comfortably single hand as well as two hand, you will want a light rod if you are going this route. If not, then a single hand might be a better option.

Not sure what your budget is, but man those new Sage One rods are light. I am fishing a Z Axis, which you might find on closeout if you look around. Also light rods, though the One is lighter so I hear.

Honestly, I'd think I'd lean in the direction that the greatest versatility in your case would be a single hand rod. The only thing that makes me hesitate on that end is that you're looking for something that would be easier on the shoulder--which casting a two hander can be, assuming you are two handing it. It can be a real chore to cast single hand all day though.

Can you get to a fly shop and cast one to see what you think? If so, try it single hand and two hand.