View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing log books?

I did for the first few years I lived here. This was also about the time I started taking fish pictures. Believe it or not I never used to take pictures. Thing of it is, I write down everything on a note pad when I'm fishing and put that info on the back of the photos now. That's as close to a log book as I get but it's actually pretty useful also. When I did keep the log book, I put down temps, wind, barometer, cloud cover, etc. along with what I caught.

I refer to weatherundergound's archived daily charts for barometer, wind, and temperature ant the USGS site for the river to see flows and water temps. That makes for a pretty good source along with my photo stuff. At least for when the big fish are around.