View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EP Brush alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
Larry, you know they have a table for the nor vise to help make them right? I have been considering getting a nor, there is a used one for sale at my local shop but I just don't know if I would use the features enough :-/ I know I would use it for dubbing loops and spinning extended bodies but I don't know if I want to change my tying style to work with the nor vise. I barely use the rotary function on my D-K, that might change if I buy automatic bobbins, i'm not sure.

Sorry for getting off topic, carry on!

Edit* I just noticed they show the table in the video, sorry!
Yes, I bought the table soon after getting the Norvise. I hear what you are saying about switching. I primarily use my Peak vise for tying, I like the rotary function for trimming material, don't use it too much for anything else unless I'm doing buggers. I sure like the Norvise for making dubbing brushes. I think it would be much easier to adopt to the Norrvise style of tying as a beginner, but after tying for so many years, habits are hard to break.