Thread: Black Max
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Ya, I've seen his streamers. Very nice, and the material he uses does give a "wider" fly. Just not my cup of tea.

Gary
Of course stiffer/softer material will behave differently with the water velocity but he contends that what you see in the vise is basically what the fish will see in the water. That a fly does not collapse like the one in your picture until you remove it from the water.
It's a very interesting program on fly design. And not just his streamers
I saw it a couple of years ago and I noticed that he's presenting it again this weekend.