View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
so then did you use a mold to get the shape?

I'm asking because I have been wanting to tie something like this and ran across the simpleclone and Bob Popavic's flies and finally Charlies Airhead which seems to be some kind of secret formula. I've looked at an Airhead at a local fly shop and looks like he must use some kind of mold or form to build the head on then he pulls it out.
Just takes a material clip, some patience and practice. A picture is worth a thousand words so here's a few

First a tail
Click the image to open in full size.

Reverse tie the Super Hair, make sure it's all the way around the hook.

Pull back the hair, put it in the clip and stick on some eyes.

Use a Bodkin to spread Goop over the fibers. Don't go over the Goop more than once. If you have gaps let it dry and give it another coat.

Last edited by swirlchaser; 01-14-2013 at 12:23 AM.