View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reel for my new Sage One 4 wt

Outrageous Fly Shop Claims:
There's a well-known fly shop in Pennsylvania (they have shops in a few locations), and the manager of one loves Lamson reels. He was trashing Ross Reels one day, telling me that the springs on the Evolution's pawls are susceptible to jamming with just "one piece of sand." Well, there aren't any springs on the pawls of an Evolution reel, and I laughed at him and left. In defense of the owner, other staff members in his other stores are much more honest about products.

I wind backing onto reels by hand. Seeing spool of backing the size of oil drums being used to put backing on little aluminum spools makes me nervous.