View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting for Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Good on You! Been a strong supporter of the Oregon Group for the past Decade. One other thing the Ladies can usually use is 'used fly rods.' Have one/more sitting around gathering dust?

Give them a call, you won't have them very long after that.
Fred: Good idea, I might do that. This past summer on the horse pack trip into the Winds I gave two older well used Orvis 5 wt rods (I think they were HLS models) to two 16 year olds. Neither kid had fly fished before, but after a short casting demo they took to it like ducks in water and had a blast catching cutties on those high mtn lakes. At the end of the trip I gave each of them a fly rod. I wanted to take them on a float trip on the Green later in the summer but with the drought the water in the river really dropped so we didn't get out, but I'm going to try and get them on the water this year for sure.

Larry