View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Noted Fly Angler, Guide, Instructor April Vokey Now on Board With G.Loomis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
It's a smarter move on G Loomis' part. She is writting, guiding, doing TV shows, and everything else you can think of, so pretty sure she was going to do OK without them. Loomis on the other hand has gone through what can best be described as a decade of business psycosis. Back when I was making a lot rods I stopped making them on Loomis blanks just because of it, and they have gotten worse. In fact they no longer sell blanks, which is OK because what they did to them made them unwantable anyway. I'm not sure who they had doing their business strategy after Gary Loomis sold out to Shimano, but whoever it was really wasn't doing the company much good. Actually, they started going weird before he sold it. As I see it, other than some extra cash in April's pockets, I think G Loomis stands more to gain from her than the other way around. This is the first thing they have done in a decade I thought was actually a good thing.
i had a sweet gl3 when i was in high school that i really liked....my first and only loomis rod i ever owned. or for that matter, even fished.
i've seen em on the auction site and have thought about it
but i would agree there kinda under the radar lately.
and congrats to april!

casey

ARFE