View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:33 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Practice casting without a hook - Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4d93r View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Not to long after I posted this I saw the thread about practicing which went into good detail about using yarn. I'll have to give that a try, but I didn't understand the benefit of using a shorter rod. I would think it would impact the cast action. In other words, you wouldn't get a true "feel" for the rod action or does that really matter?
Two different animals
You can use a tuft of yard on the end of your leader as a hook-free practice fly.

or... you can use a length of yard on a stick or a rod tip section for indoor practice. The purpose of which is to help you to understand how to form good loops.