View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evolution or Revolution Regarding Fishing Vests

For trout fishing, I use the same vest from LLBean that I've had since the late '70. The old vest has had plenty of repairs over the years but it was obviously well made to last this long. It doesn't have a lot of pockets like most vests do nowadaze and I'm not compelled to fill the ones that I have. In fact I leave one empty on purpose.
I HATE having stuff dangling off of me, so I don't use zingers. My nippers are on a cord fastened inside a pocket. You always use them the same distance away from from your eyes anyway so it makes no sense to me to have them on a retractable or a bungie.
I tried a chest pack exactly one day. Couldn't see my feet. I have enough trouble stumbling around without that problem added.
My saltwater vest is pretty much the same the trout vest only with even less pockets full. I usually only carry one fly box.
My hook file and pliers go in homemade foam holsters/sheathes attached out of the way on the inside. Spare spool along with a water bottle in the back pocket