View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: Evolution or Revolution Regarding Fishing Vests

I have been doing this for awhile and always seem to return to using a vest. I had an Orvis Chest Pack back in the early 80's (hated it) and have used vest/backpack combos from WJ and Fishpond...which I find to be uncomfortable, unwieldy and heavy. I use a minimalist chest pack from Fishpond with a lanyard from time to time and stay away from lumbar packs which do not suit my deep wading style...the progression has looked like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Columbia Vest on the Frying Pan ...late 70's. This one lasted into the early 90's...

Orvis vest on the Madison ...my daughter Ally wearing my Teeny Vest I picked up for tubing...

Simms Vest on the Stillwater River, MT..I wore this one out...

Simms Vest on the East Walker River...I gave this to my son when he retired his Orvis...

Simms Vest on the East Walker River...the current one...

...and yes, I still carry way too much stuff...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/